Monday, October 26, 2009

Back in Utah








Well for those who do not know, Aaron and I have moved from Erie, Pennsylvania and into our home in Murray, Utah, while Aaron finishes up his rotations. When a few of our neighbors in Murray contacted me to let me know my yard was in pretty bad shape, I drove across the country, taking pictures along the way, to whip it back into shape. Aaron had two weeks left of schooling and exams. When I got to Utah, the weeds in the garden were taller than I was and the front and back yard was pretty dry and yellow. Our renters had moved out two months before, and I was grateful to my neighbor, Nick Panas, for helping me dig up the weeds. We also put in a sprinkler system in the yard, and it feels good to be back in our home and close to the mountains.

I flew out to Chicago after two weeks, and met Aaron to drive our other car back. We stopped by the Laura Ingalls Wilder homestead on the way. Then drove to my Grandmother's home in Chamberlain, South Dakota, and stayed for four days. It was nice to visit with her since I hadn't seen her for over ten years. Went on the Indian reservation and watched a Pow Wow and attended the rodeo with Uncle Joe. We then crossed back to Utah through the Badlands, enjoying the diverse rock formations and dinosaur fossils which were neat to see at the museum nearby.

My fun friend, Margie, back in Erie, called to let us know of another Pug that was in need of a home. We thought we would try it out. Now we have another Pug, named Sammy, that is fitting in alright with Jax. Sammy is 4 and Jax is 3. It was a strange transition for Jax. Often if Sammy was on my lap, Jax would squish his way in between us. I converted an old dresser into a pie hutch with swinging doors. Anywho, I have used the drawers that were in the dresser as a bed for Jax, with two pillows and a blanket. Well, I made one for Sammy as well and Jax wouldn't let him sleep in his bed. Jax wanted them both. But, after a few weeks of making sure we gave love to BOTH of them, I woke up one morning to find them both sharing a drawer. It was cute. So, meet Sammy, our new Pug.

8 comments:

EARLYREISERS said...

GREAT!!! Welcome back! Let us know when you want to get together and we can catch up!

Liz & Brent

Carolee said...

I have been thinking about you. Glad you are back in Utah and getting settled. Erie has been warm this week but the cold is coming!! I am not ready, are you sure you dont want to come back for one more winter?!

Whitney said...

OK, so why is this the first time I'm hearing that you have a blog?!!!! Seriously, you're so cute Niki! I'm happily adding you to my list of bloggers to stalk. :)

Ross Family said...

Hey there, It's Christy and John. The pics are so cute. How are things going with him? jckroxx@hotmail.com

the Gardners said...

Hi Sammy!Sorry we missed you, but we will have to stop by and introduce you to T and S!

The Godfrey Twins said...

It was great to see pictures of you guys! When I saw the 2 Pugs I thought "did they do some kind of photoshop trick?" I thought you just pasted in Jax's 2 times!!! LOL! they look alike! I sure miss having you guys here in Erie but I am happy and excited for you and your new chapter in life.

Nikki said...

Niki!!! It's Nikki Brown Dale!!! How the heck are you girl?? I blog stocked you! Looks like you are well! I am so happy for you. We are well. I just had my 4th baby--my first girl!! Check out my blog. Tell your family hi. How are they??

Steven said...

Hey! We are in Salt Lake too! Just until mid December. Please oh please let us meet up with you and do something!
Kellie