Friday, October 3, 2008

Clinical Skills Competition

This blog is a little behind schedule but I wanted to post an exciting event. Aaron participated in a Clinical Skills competition in which he and his good friend, Steve Brown, competed against six other teams at LECOM (pharmacy school). What it is is a patient case, telling you what the medications the patient is on, their lab results, their complaints of pain, etc....then from the condition of the patient that is presented, you have to decide what the goals of therapy are and what your recommendation, as a pharmacist would be.....(pharmacy stuff)...anyways, it is exciting because the two of them WON THE COMPETITION!!!! Yeah!! and now both Aaron and Steve will be sent by the school to participate in the national competition in Orlando Florida this coming December (and compete against all 101 pharmacy schools in the country). I am very excited for them and proud of Aaron.

The next day after he found out that they won, he came home and told me that he received a prize for winning. My eyes got big and I was anticipating that I would see a gift card to somewhere or a big screen television.....then Aaron showed me the prize. It was big alright. A great big pharmacy book. Yep that was it. But I am very happy that he gets to go to Florida and I hope to see him place in the top ten at least. Good work Aaron, you're smokin!!!!

3 comments:

jakel said...

That's cool Aaron. You were always one of the smartest Joe's I knows. This will be great, next time your in town, I'll take a whole bunch of drugs and you can guess what I'm on :)

Alesha said...

Good job Aaron! Phil told me and I had to crack up, the Utah boys are takin over LECOM Pharm. haha. And Florida, what could be better in December living in Erie?

the Gardners said...

It's no surprise that Aaron would win, especially if it is labeled a "Competition"! That one word lights his competitive fire!!! Congratulations Aaron! That is really exciting! Niki, if he gets to be too much for you maybe we can arrange a game of chicken foot over video chat or something!!! Hope you guys are doing well!!!